Saturday, March 20, 2010

Blank Canvas: Another Commission

My camera is missing, so instead of looking at a photo of a blank 36" by 48" canvas imagine one if you can..
This commission has been in the works for over a year and I am finally starting the painting portion of it. I went back and forth with the family a lot, not because of any problems or drama, more due to the busy life of a young family and my sales approach; I do not pressure people. After a couple emails and a phone call, with no response I said "oh well." I also figured with as much change and uncertainty there has been, continues to be, that their lives could have changed in a way where a painting was not a priority. Luckily it turns out they were just busy because after New Years I received another email from them saying they would like to continue with the painting. Yes I know it is March, somethings still take time and are worth it. We met about the concept sketches again, I visited their home to see their color scheme and where they want the painting to be displayed. I also got to meet the whole family again. Then we decided the size of the canvas. My 1/3 partial payment check arrived, I bought the canvas. And the last two weeks of no progress have been my fault, I visualize and think before I paint. I also stall because my temperament matters.
I better find my camera because I want to document my progress, as an exercise in sharing and understanding my painting process. I may have to borrow my sister's camera, I love it when objects get up and hide themselves.

1 comment:

Rosie Tomato said...

I love the idea of blogging the progression of your paintings. And yes, you may borrow the camera!